Here is another little wedding detail you can prepare well ahead of your wedding. Gorgeous paper cones for e.g. rose petals which the guests will toss over you after the ceremony. I made these paper cones for my own wedding over a couple of evenings. I really enjoyed making over a cup of tea - it was a super way to relax.
For this project you need:
A template shape to draw and cut after (you can download mine at the bottom of this page).
A pair of scissors & some paper glue.
A couple of sheets of e.g. good quality wrapping paper to use as "lining" like I did (it takes time to line the cones - you can leave this out).
A basket or something similar to sit your cones in at the wedding (I found a couple of old baskets in the basement which I decorated with wide organza ribbon).
Notice the small pink dot at the end of the thin grey line.
The dot indicates the spot from which the tip of your cone should begin.
1. Use the template provided below (download the PDF file and print out the shape on a thick piece of paper).
2. Draw with a pencil around your shape on the carboard/thick paper you would like to make your cones out of.
3. Cut out all your shapes with a pair of scissors.
4. Form a cone out of each of your carboard shapes til it has the size (the opening) you prefer.
5. Glue the edge so your cone stays in shape.